All Quotes
Explore timeless wordsExplore timeless words
Showing 1–24 of 35 quotes
New quotes added regularlyI don’t really know if my paintings are surreal or notI don’t really know if my paintings are surreal or not
Source verified
It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors.It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors.
Source verified
I always liked simple rock and nothing else.I always liked simple rock and nothing else.
Source verified
The instinct of imitation is implanted in man from childhood.The instinct of imitation is implanted in man from childhood.
Source verified
To reveal art and conceal the artist is art’s aim.To reveal art and conceal the artist is art’s aim.
Source verified
Vice and virtue are to the artist materials for an art.Vice and virtue are to the artist materials for an art.
Source verified
I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone.I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone.
Source verified
One must still have chaos in one, to give birth to a dancing star.One must still have chaos in one, to give birth to a dancing star.
Source verified
